Daylesford and surrounds
Activities and the surrounding area
Daylesford and Hepburn Springs
Just a short 15 minutes drive from Cosy Tents are the famous country towns of Daylesford and Hepburn Springs. Renowned for its world class fine dining, magnificent natural surrounds and award winning day spas, these quaint little towns encompass its unique character from its early heritage of Swiss-Italian miners and surrounding natural mineral springs.
Take advantage of the beautiful surrounds and come and explore some of our favourite places.
Art & Culture
Hikes & Activities
- Lavendula Swiss Italian Farm
- Boomerang Ranch Horse Back Riding
- Lake Daylesford Hiking Trails
- Wombat State Forest Hiking Trails
- Break Neck Gorge Hiking Trail
- Mount Franklin
- Sailors Falls waterfalls
- Trentham Falls waterfalls
- Lake House – Multi award winning fine dining restaurant overlooking the magnificent Lake Daylesford
- Kazuki’s – Award wining fine dining restaurant specialising in refined Japanese and European fusion food
- Frank and Connie’s Kitchen – Beautiful restaurant serving fresh seasonal dishes, inspired by French, Greek and Middle Easter Cuisine
- Bistro Terrior – French Bistro serving beautiful French cuisine, together with a carefully selected drinks range
- Beppe – New neighbourhood trattoria. Enjoy casual dining within a lively, welcoming and atmospheric setting
- Sault – Set in a scenic homestead with a lavender field backdrop, serving seasonal modern Australian dishes
- The Farmer’s Arms – Down to earth alehouse with a woodsy-chic decor, offering fine wine, cheese plates and diverse mains.
- The Wombat Hill House Cafe – Offers all day grazing in the enchanted gardens on Wombat Hill
- Larder – Great local cafe, serving morning coffee, breakfast and lunch. open 7 days a week
- Cliffy’s Emporium – Local produce store, wine bar and café set in a charming rustic old building
- Radio Springs Hotel – Quirky restaurant with a cosy eclectic feel situated in historic village of Lyonville. Open for lunch and dinner
- Casa El Ray – Mexican restaurant specialising in all the favourites; tacos, burritos and enchiladas
- Galley Diner – American restaurant in Daylesford serving burgers, ribs and beer.
- Betel Boy – Serving pan asian inspired food in a contemporary and energetic venue. Open for dinner Fri, Sat Sun nights.
- The Argus Dining Room – Fine dining restaurant serving adventurous seasonal dishes and tasting menus
- Boathouse Restaurant – Located on the banks of Lake Daylesford, serving lunch and dinner.
Spa & Wellness